We love reading about new things before and after we travel or do a fun activity. Below is a running list of children’s books that you’ll also find at the bottom of our blog posts and we will continue to update as we go. While we own several of these books, we also started finding many at the local library as a great way to get Will excited for a new adventure.
Please share if you have any favorite children’s books that we should add to our list!
General Travel & Transportation
- Around the World: A Follow the Trail Book by Katie Howarth (Intro to Traveling with a Baby: 5 Things to Keep in Mind)
- Boats Go by Steve Light (10 Tips for Cruising with a Baby or Toddler)
- On The Go by Tad Carpenter (How to Survive Long Car Rides with a Baby)
- Cook in a Book: Pizza! by Lotta Nieminen (The Best Kid-Friendly Pittsburgh Area Restaurants & Tips for Eating Out)
- Planes by Byron Barton (Flying with a Baby: Tips for Before & During Your Flight)
- Tap Tap Bang Bang by Emma Garcia (Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh with Little Kids
Location Specific- Previous & Upcoming Trips
- Hello, Arizona by Martha Zschock (Phoenix, Arizona: Football, Family & New Years with a Baby)
- Good Night Nebraska by Adam Gamble & Mark Jasper (Omaha, Nebraska & South Bend Stop: Traveling with a Newborn)
- Go, New York, Go by Josh Cleland (New York City: Exploring Midtown & Central Park with a Toddler)
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Christmas by Susan Amerikaner (3 Places in Orlando to Experience the Magic of Disney at Christmas) & Disney It’s a Small World Hello, World! by Disney Book Group (10 Tips for the Best Day in Disney with Little Kids)
- Tovi the Penguin: Goes to Ireland by Janita Rossitor (Ireland & Northern Ireland Planned for July 2019)
- My Little Cities: London (Stopover planned for July 2019 along with Ireland)
Beaches, Sea Life & Animals
- Deep Deep Sea by Frann Preston-Gannon (Florida Keys: Fun with Little Kids)
- Sally in the Sand by Stephen Huneck (Kid-Friendly West Ocean City, Maryland)
- Over in the Ocean: In a Coral Reef by Marianne Berks (24 Hours in Bermuda for Little Kids)
- Penguins Waddle by Rebecca Glasser (Pittsburgh’s National Aviary: First Visit with a Young Toddler)
- Dear Zoo by Rod Campbell (Why Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium is Perfect for Families with Young Children)
Toddling Traveler participates in the Amazon Affiliate program and may earn a small commission for any items purchased through our links.
The globe pictured next to Will above is from the rotational cool globes exhibit that was in Pittsburgh this past summer. This particular globe is covered in children’s books and aimed at inspiring children to read as a way to learn about and ultimately change the world.