One of our favorite tips for traveling with a toddler is to read books about where you’re going to get them excited. I’ll never forget the look in our son’s eyes when he saw the changing of the guards during our layover in London after reading about it in this london book for toddlers. While we own most of these travel books for kids, a trip to your local library is a great way to get kids’ excited for the next adventure.
Do you have any favorite children’s books about travel? Please share if you have any favorites that we should add to our list!
Disclaimer: Toddling Traveler participates in the Amazon Affiliate program and may earn a small commission for any items purchased through our links.
Holiday Travel with Kids Books
- Where Would Santa Go? by Julia Inserro
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Christmas by Susan Amerikaner (5 Awesome Places to Celebrate Christmas in Orlando)
General Travel & Transportation
- Around the World: A Follow the Trail Book by Katie Howarth (Intro to Traveling with a Baby: 5 Things to Keep in Mind)
- Boats Go by Steve Light (10 Tips for Cruising with a Baby or Toddler)
- On The Go by Tad Carpenter (How to Survive Long Car Rides with a Baby)
- Cook in a Book: Pizza! by Lotta Nieminen (The Best Kid-Friendly Pittsburgh Area Restaurants & Tips for Eating Out)
- Planes by Byron Barton (Flying with a Baby: Tips for Before & During Your Flight)
- Tap Tap Bang Bang by Emma Garcia (Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh with Little Kids
Location Specific- Previous & Upcoming Trips
- Night-Night, Pittsburgh by Kathryn Sully (Pittsburgh with Kids)
- Hello, Arizona by Martha Zschock (Phoenix, Arizona: Football, Family & New Years with a Baby)
- Good Night Nebraska by Adam Gamble & Mark Jasper (Omaha, Nebraska & South Bend Stop: Traveling with a Newborn)
- Go, New York, Go by Josh Cleland (New York City: Exploring Midtown & Central Park with a Toddler)
- Disney It’s a Small World Hello, World! by Disney Book Group (The Best Rides in Magic Kingdom for Toddlers)
- Tovi the Penguin: Goes to Ireland by Janita Rossitor (Northern Ireland Road Trip with Kids: 1 Week Itinerary)
- My Little Cities: London (Guide to Spending a long layover in London with Kids)
Beaches, Sea Life & Animals
- Deep Deep Sea by Frann Preston-Gannon (Florida Keys with Kids)
- Sally in the Sand by Stephen Huneck (Kid-Friendly West Ocean City, Maryland)
- Over in the Ocean: In a Coral Reef by Marianne Berks (24 Hours in Bermuda for Little Kids)
- Penguins Waddle by Rebecca Glasser (Pittsburgh’s National Aviary: First Visit with a Young Toddler)
- Dear Zoo by Rod Campbell (Why Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium is Perfect for Families with Young Children)
Toddling Traveler participates in the Amazon Affiliate program and may earn a small commission for any items purchased through our links.