Hocus Pocus 2 recently aired on Disney+ on September 30th, and with Halloween just around the corner, it’s the perfect time to have a Hocus Pocus movie night. We loved the original Hocus Pocus movie, and the 2nd one was just as good! Keep reading for several Hocus Pocus Movie night ideas, including Hocus Pocus foods, decorations and games for the whole family.
Hocus Pocus Food Ideas
Food is the focal point of everything we do, and our Hocus Pocus night was no different. We made several fun Halloween snacks and kept our overall Hocus Pocus food menu simple. The highlight was a Hocus Pocus charcuterie board, and we also made several other Hocus Pocus foods to compliment it.
Hocus Pocus Charcuterie Board
We had so much fun making a charcuterie board for Hocus Pocus, with the focal point being the Sanderson sisters. There are several different ways you can make a Hocus Pocus charcuterie board. We added the following things to our board:
- A variety of round blocks of cheese for the Sanderson Sisters faces, including, a large mozzarella ball (sliced in half), Brie Cheese and a round cranberry cheddar cheese. Any round block of cheese will do, so you can mix it up however you want!
- Deli meats including prosciutto and salami, which you can roll up to make Winfred Sanderson’s orange hair. We also added some small salami slices around the outside of the tray.
- Fruits for the Sanderson Sisters’ dresses. You can use strawberries or raspberries for Sarah, green grapes for Winnie and oranges for Mary.
- Several things for the witches’ hair, including a cubed yellow cheese for Sarah, rolled meats for Winnie and blackberries for Mary.
- Add a variety of crackers and ghost/bat shaped Veggie Chips around the outside.
- We made the lips out of tomatoes and originally used a black writing icing for the eyes. After it smeared for the first go around, we switched to olive slivers for the eyes.
- Serve with things like olives, carrots, celery and nuts.
More Halloween/ Hocus Pocus Snack Ideas
In addition to the Hocus Pocus charcuterie board, here are several more fun ideas for Hocus Pocus movie night snacks.
- Witches Brooms: Cut a mozzarella stick in thirds, make several cuts along the bottom of the cheese and then put a thin pretzel stick in the center.
- Billy Butcherson Mummy Dogs: Using a package of crescent rolls, push 2 crescent roll triangles together to make a rectangle shape. Cut thin strips of crescent roll dough and wrap them around a hot dog to resemble a mummy. Bake the mummy dogs at 375 F for 14 minutes.
- Spellbook Brownies: Using a packaged brownie mix, bake brownies according to the instructions in an 8×8 pan. Once brownies cool, cut them into 6 rectangles. Using black writing icing, decorate the brownies and add a large candy eye to each one. (Double the recipe and use a 9×13 pan to make more.)
- Bubbling Halloween Punch: Use equal parts orange or rainbow sherbet and sprite. Mix them together, top with Halloween sprinkles, add a straw and serve.
Hocus Pocus Games and Activities
Of course the highlight of any Hocus Pocus movie night is watching Hocus Pocus 1 or 2. If you have people of different ages or are making a day of it, it’s always fun to add a few games as well.
- Watch the first Hocus Pocus movie or read a Hocus Pocus book the night before.
- Make spooky slime using an Elmer’s slime kit and adding plastic spiders or eyeballs.
- Get pumpkins at your local pumpkin patch and paint them in spooky colors using pumpkin paints.
- Use Halloween balloons and see how many you can get into a witches cauldron.
- Play a fun and easy witches hat ring toss game.
- Have a dance competition during the seance scene of the movie.
- Play a Hocus Pocus drinking game with the older movie watchers.
Hocus Pocus Decorations & Accessories
We had fun setting up some Hocus Pocus decorations to get our house festive for the premiere of Hocus Pocus 2. Here are some ideas to help you decorate for a Hocus Pocus movie night.
- Put a black tablecloth on your table and decorate it with Hocus Pocus Confetti.
- Use this set of Hocus Pocus decorations to put a Hocus Pocus garland and hanging sign up. (These are also perfect decorations for a Hocus Pocus birthday party!)
- Add these wooden Hocus Pocus decorations to your fireplace mantel.
- Hang up witches’ hats with fishing string and add a floating candle to each.
- Blow up Halloween balloons and spread them around on the floor. (These are always a hit with our toddlers!)
- Dress up with our favorite women’s Hocus Pocus tee here. There’s also a cute kids Hocus Pocus tee here.
- Accessorize with cute Halloween headbands and bows from SweetSiennaCo or Hocus Pocus Mickey Ears from Grace of Glam.
- Go all out with Hocus Pocus Halloween costumes here.
If you love all things Disney, be sure to follow us on Instagram or Facebook. You can also find related blog posts on visiting Disney with toddlers and kids of any age below.
Related Blog Posts:
- The Best Things to Buy Before Disney World
- Complete Guide to Epcot for Toddlers
- The Best Age for Disney: Tips & Considerations
- Genie+ Review & Tips
- Travel From Home Ideas
Like this post? Pin for later!